Saturday, October 20, 2007

Panzerkin in action

Druids can tank in bear, but how about as moonkin? Few months ago I get in touch of this Guide to Moonkin Tanking. Lithanial has tanked heroics and Karazhan as moonkin, and his gear is top-of-the-line and his skills is imba.
Last Sunday, there was a short of tank for the Kara run, so I took the opportunity to try out panzerkin tanking. I have been collecting gear since I read the guide, so luckily I have some defense rating and bonus armor gear. My main focus was to to increase mitigation. I took on some +armor and +resilience gear without losing too much +spell hit and +spell damage. My gear is not as good as Lithanial's, but it worked. The healers were awesome.
I think any class can off-tank too (though armor would be a plus), they just need to work even harder on the gear and skills.

My Choice of Panzerkin gear:
Head: Antlers of Malorne
Neck: Brooch of Unquenchable Fury (for the hit raiting)
Back: Glided Thorium Cloak
Shoulder: Shoulderpads of Assassination (should be improved)
Chest: Windhawk Hauberk (should be improved)
Wrist: Manimal's Cinch (should be improved)
Gloves: Gloves of Malorne
Waist: Umberhowl's Collar (should be improved)
Legs: Moonchild Leggings (should be improved)
Feet: Veterans Wyrmhide Boots
Rings: Shermanar Great-Ring and Veteran's Band of Dominance
Trinket: Icon of the Silver Crescent and Timelapse Shard
Relic: Idol of the Avenger
Weapon: Merciless Gladiator's War Staff

No comments: